Martial Arts World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tao of Jeet Kune Do

Go down

Tao of Jeet Kune Do Empty Tao of Jeet Kune Do

Post  Admin Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:17 pm

As you've guessed I like reading, mainly classic fiction, BUT I own quite a cool library of martial arts books. The best that I can reccomend is The Tao of Jeet Kune Do. It wasn't published until 1978, so it's comprised of notes from Lee's studies. But the way it steps back and re eveluates the idea of combat STILL makes it revoluionary. It brakes down into different sections such as Qualities, Tools, Attacks and so on.I don't think it was written to be read from cover to cover, you'll see what I mean as soon as you start reading. Yet, as a backbone for your journey in JKD, i'd question anyone who hasn't read this book. I guess it's because when it comes to martial arts, it's best to get the ideology straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak
Don't look at this book as the underscore of JKD, it will in no way teach you any of the combative theories of Lee's system. It does give you an in depth look at his ideology, and you begin to grasp how much time he speant truly studying the martial arts.

Stars * * * * *
Admin
Admin
Grand Master

https://martialartsworld.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum